[postgis-users] Trouble upgrading to 2.0.1

Hays Barrett hays.barrett at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 11:03:20 PDT 2012

Sorry for the late reply.
We tried installing postgis both the old and new way before running
postgis_restore.pl and both gave the same results.
I think one of the developers is up to  some funny business. should
spatial_ref_sys_srid_seq even exist? I think this was created by us.
spatial_ref_sys shouldn't even have a sequence right?

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 11:30 AM, Sandro Santilli <strk at keybit.net> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 11:13:35AM -0600, Hays Barrett wrote:
> > Hello all. I am trying to upgrade to postgis-2.0.1.
> >
> > I dumped my db with :
> > pg_dump -Fc -b -v -f "/opt/dump/dump.sql" postgis
> >
> > When I run "./postgis_restore.pl "/opt/dump/dump.sql" | psql -a
> postgis2" I
> > get 2 errors.
> >
> > ALTER SEQUENCE spatial_ref_sys_srid_seq OWNED BY spatial_ref_sys.srid;
> > ERROR:  sequence must have same owner as table it is linked to
> > SELECT pg_catalog.setval('spatial_ref_sys_srid_seq', 1, false);
> >

> > ALTER TABLE spatial_ref_sys ADD PRIMARY KEY(srid);
> > ERROR:  could not create unique index "spatial_ref_sys_pkey"
> > DETAIL:  Key (srid)=(4279) is duplicated.
>
> This is really unexpected, I'm surprised it happens.
> Did you install the spatial_ref_sys.sql in "postgis2" database
> prior to sending the postgis_restore.pl output ?
> Did you get any notice on stderr from postgis_restore.pl ?
>
> --strk;

>   |   __/  |    Delivering high quality PostGIS 2.1
>   |  / 2.1 |    http://strk.keybit.net - http://vizzuality.com

Hays Barrett
Cell (505) 886-1574
Office (505) 277-3622 Ext248