[postgis-users] PostgreSQL/PostGIS x64 Error on PostGIS Install

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Thu Jun 7 00:35:32 PDT 2012

Donald,
This is extremely odd.  Seems like its breaking when its trying to compile
the topology addtosearchpath function
 as you are getting compiled function gibberish it seems.

That function is in postgis_topology, so what you could do is just use the
binaries (you might not even need to as the files would have installed
already).

Try installing postgis in a new database with

CREATE EXTENSION postgis;

I haven't done a fresh install of PostGIS against 9.1.4 so can't be sure if
its an issue in 9.1.4 release or not.

Hope that helps,
Regina
http://www.postgis.us