[postgis-users] Simplifying Polygons

Francois Hugues hugues.francois at irstea.fr
Tue Jun 26 05:45:37 PDT 2012

Hello,

This is an ordinary problem and there are tow solution to solve it :
- a plpg function wrote by nicolas ribot : http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/UsersWikiSimplifyPreserveTopology
- a function wrote by sandro santilli using the new topology functions of postgis 2 : http://strk.keybit.net/blog/2012/04/13/simplifying-a-map-layer-using-postgis-topology/
And also a related approach by Nicolas ribot : http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/UsersWikiSimplifyWithTopologyExt

With all this stuff, you should manage to do what you want

Hugues.