[postgis-users] POSTGIS 2.0 on WIn

Piotr Pachół piotrpachol at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 12:57:15 PDT 2012

Hello,
I tried all hints from this thread and that:
http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-users/2012-March/033111.html
but it is still impossible to install PostGIS 2.0 on Windows XP.
I also copied libproj-0.dll in bin folder - it didn't help.

Do you have any other suggestion ?

Piotr.

W dniu 2012-03-27 04:26, Paragon Corporation pisze:
> PROJSO  settings shouldn't be necessary anymore because libproj.dll is not
> used.
>
> I upgraded the install to use proj 4.8.0 so the dll is now libproj-0.dll
> which is what gdal assumes by default.
>

> It's possible I missed a dll and my tests systems already had them -- make
> sure you have libproj-0.dll in your bin folder.
>

> I think if postgis is in use it won't be able to copy the dll so you will
> probably need to shut down your service / restart and then run the copy
> script.
>
> Hope that helps,
> Regina
> http://www.postgis.us

>>> "...C:\postgis-pg91-binaries-
>>> 2.0.0beta4w32\postgis-pg91-binaries-
>>> 2.0.0beta4w32>"C:\Programmi\PostgreSQL\9.1\bin\\psql"  -d "testpstg" -c "CREATE EXTENSION postgis;" ERROR:  could not load library