[postgis-users] Linear referencing with PostGIS

Paul Ramsey pramsey at opengeo.org
Thu May 17 03:47:31 PDT 2012

Muni,
PostGIS certainly has LRS capabilities (see
http://postgis.org/documentation/manual-1.3/ch06.html#id2578698).
Whether they meet your needs depends on the structure of your data and
the questions you are asking of it. The use case you provide (given a
line and a query point, read the measure) is supported. I'm sure you
have many others.
P.