[postgis-users] Querying PostGIS Raster with MultiPoint

Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul) bob.basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Thu Nov 15 15:13:22 PST 2012

I'm working on something similar, and wondering about what your current performance values are?  We (I) went with a more abstracted method of storing the data and went with a point per record strategy.

We gain about 1 million records per month from a GPS fleet of 300 (or so) assets and have yet to get into any archiving strategy for the data.  We're running against a 6.3 million record database currently, and responses times are good enough to update multiple web based user displays (10-15 screens active at any one time) with all active locations without taxing the server (yet).

We're still measuring things and have plans to add in an archiving strategy when the DB is unable to handle the lookup any longer.

Bobb