[postgis-users] Problem regarding tiff raster 's import into postgis

Pierre Racine Pierre.Racine at sbf.ulaval.ca
Mon Nov 19 09:03:11 PST 2012

You can not store anything bigger than 1 GB in a PostgreSQL field.

http://www.postgresql.org/about/

This is true for raster as well. You have to tile your raster when you load it using the -t option so that it will be stored in multiple rows. This way the limit for one raster coverage becomes 32 TB...

Pierre