[postgis-users] Posgist raster overviews created with bicubic resampling

Davor Racic davor.racic at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 03:48:29 PST 2012

Hi everyone!

I'm PostGIS newbie, and I have a question. I'm trying to import a great
amount of 6000x4000 (511x512 tiles, EPSG:3765) geotiff aerial images into
PostGIS database. I have also created overviews (2-20). Everything work
perfect, but... As i can see they are created with the nearest neighbor
resampling method by default, but I want them to be created with bicubic
resampling method because they will not be used for any kind of spatial
analysis, only as a map background (geoserver+openlayers). Is it somehow
possible with raster2pgsql? How can I do this with ST_resample after
importing rasters with overviews. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Davor