[postgis-users] Posgist raster overviews created with bicubic resampling

Bborie Park bkpark at ucdavis.edu
Mon Nov 26 08:29:23 PST 2012

Davor,

Please file a ticket regarding raster2pgsql.  Any solution would not
be available in 2.0 as I don't believe VRTs permit any other
resampling method other than nearest neighbor and so would require
raster2pgsql to use a solution without VRTs.

Though you could do a combination of ST_Resample(ST_Union()) in the
database, that itself may have memory issues (run out of memory)
depending on how big the unioned raster is.

-bborie