[postgis-users] topology overlapping of edges

Mario Jurcevic mario at geosar.ch
Thu Sep 27 00:11:28 PDT 2012

Hi,
the cadastre data ( Suisse ) are full of this overlaps, It happens when
they introduce arc curves ( specially with streets ),
i suppose due to inaccuracy of the computation of  the arc points or for
historically reason ( digitizing errors ) or simply
because is cheaper to measure.

Attached the image of the overlap.

In addition I have some more questions:

Will topology support edge with arcs and not only linestrings?

I try to insert into an empty topology geometries with functions
TopoGeo_AddLineString, addEdge, addIsoEdge and is incredibly slow,
it was only a small subset of data ( 20'000 lines ) and  after waiting
10 minutes I dropped out, why is so slow  or maybe there is another way
to insert data?

Thanks

Mario Jurcevic

--