[postgis-users] topology overlapping of edges

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Fri Sep 28 08:17:38 PDT 2012

On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 05:00:59PM +0200, Mario Jurcevic wrote:
> It will help if Topology validation could be defined by rules, so
> that during import
> of already topological data the user can disable it or enable it as needed.

That you can do it yourself.
Make up a schema, write your rules, import, run the functions.

The aim of the "PostGIS Topology" module is to support a standard model
with standard rules.

> For my import I will update the pointers of edges my own, could you
> Sandro point me to
> specifications of  next_*_edge.

Faces are walked by taking left turn on nodes.
"next_<left|right>_edge" is the edge you walk on after this one while
walking around the face on the <left|right> of the subject edge.
Note that the edge is walked on backward when going around
its right face. If the next is also backward you negate its id.

It should be all in the PostGIS manual.

--strk;

 http://www.cartodb.com - Map, analyze and build applications with your data

                                       ~~ http://strk.keybit.net