[postgis-users] Problems installing on Linux

BladeOfLight16 bladeoflight16 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 15:32:56 PDT 2013

On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 12:53 PM, James David Smith <
james.david.smith at gmail.com> wrote:

> However it says that Topology and Raster support are not present. So I
> thought that I could now run the following commands to install those
> too:
>
> <snip>
>
> psql:/usr/pgsql-9.0/share/contrib/postgis-2.0/rtpostgis.sql:48: ERROR:
>  could not load library "/usr/pgsql-9.0/lib/rtpostgis-2.0.so":
> libgeos-3.2.0.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory
>
> Any idea why there is still mention of libgeos-3.2.0  ?  I thought I'd
> sorted that out now?

Could rtpostgis-2.0.so be a pg-routing binary? I noticed two of your copies
of GEOS are in subdirectories of /depot/shared/pgrouting/. Maybe the
routing binary is still linked to the old GEOS.

As for raster, did you install GDAL? I'm pretty sure that GDAL is required
for raster support.

Honestly, you have a lot of different pieces and versions installed, and
since you installed a bunch of them manually, cleaning them out does not
seem practical. Have you considered just installing on a clean machine
that's never had PostgreSQL? Or maybe even backing up your data and then
wiping this machine (assuming there even is data to preserve)? Even if it
costs a little bit to get a clean machine, I bet it's less than the cost of
your time (assuming you're on the job).