[postgis-users] add custom epsg

Andy Colson andy at squeakycode.net
Thu Dec 19 09:12:53 PST 2013

I know this isn't directly a postgis question, I'm kinda hoping someone
will know anyway.

I'm trying to import a File.gdb into postgis, but the projection its in
seems to be unknown.

I'm using ogr2ogr to do the conversion (and all my scripts are already
setup to use it, so I'd rather not change to shp2pgsql), and I'm getting
this error:

ERROR 6: EPSG PCS/GCS code 103782 not found in EPSG support files.  Is
this a valid EPSG coordinate system?

The data is for Steele MN, and this does seem to be a thing:

http://edndoc.esri.com/arcims/9.2/elements/pcs.htm#103782

so how can I get ogr2ogr (ogrinfo, testepsg, etc) to use it?

Thanks for your time,

-Andy