[postgis-users] Intepolation

Mike Toews mwtoews at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 09:42:31 PST 2013

On 21 February 2013 02:10, Pierre Racine <Pierre.Racine at sbf.ulaval.ca> wrote:
> Normally you would want to interpolate a continuous raster surface from a number of points. Unfortunately we still don't have any interpolation algorithm to do that. One way would be to ST_DelaunayTriangles() your points and then to ST_Union(ST_AsRaster()) them to a raster. But we definitely need more sophisticated interpolation algorithms.

Check out GDALGridCreate, although I'm not sure how mature it is, or
if there is a C API for it. Perhaps built a wrapper interface that
mimics the functionality in the gdal_grid front-end utility.

http://www.gdal.org/gdal_grid.html
http://www.gdal.org/grid_tutorial.html
http://www.gdal.org/gdal__alg_8h.html#a1fdef40bcdbc98eff2328b0d093d3a22

-Mike