[postgis-users] Shp2pgsql : Error in fread()

Hugues François hugues.francois at irstea.fr
Mon May 20 05:23:24 PDT 2013

Hello,

I have a big amount of data to import ins postgis from shapefile (18.000.000 of squares). As usual, I used shp2pgsql to do that with this command line : shp2pgsql -s 2154 -g geom -W LATIN1 -I /home/myhome/shpname myschema.shpname.

But for each of my file (there are four of them) it throw me the same error :
Error in fread() reading object of size 136 at offset 2147483756 from .shp file
Error reading shape object 15790321

In each of the four file the error happens to the same time / object.

Where did I make a mistake and how can I correct it ?

I found this related info : http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/4203

But the answer don't really help me to find any solution... Is anyone there having an idea please ?

Hugues.