[postgis-users] operator && return errors where st_overlaps or st_intersects does not

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Thu Nov 21 08:23:28 PST 2013

On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 04:27:12PM +0100, Huub Fleuren wrote:

> While the st_intersects or st_overlaps functions returns query
> results without errors the operator version SOMETIMES results in
> errors over the SRID:
>
> ERROR:  Operation on two geometrys with different SRID's.

[...]

> All of the 3552 records are OKE, having the correct SRID, all 2D, all vaid.

[...]

> Everything runs on ubuntu
> -The SQL query is generated by MAPSERV 5.6.1 WMS server
> -Postgres Version 9.0.5
> -Postgis version 1.5

Can you paste the output of SELECT postgis_full_version() ?
I'd make sure to be running 1.5.9 and REINDEX the table.
Also, use the literal srid in your test calls, rather than
the find_srid() function, just to simplify the testcase.

--strk;

 ()  ASCII ribbon campaign        - against html e-mail
 /\  http://www.asciiribbon.org   - against proprietary attachments