[postgis-users] Simple Line Density

Karl Zinglersen karl.zinglersen at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 08:29:41 PST 2013

Hi,
I am dealing with the same types of data and issues as Jeff.
My procedure for data clean up is:
1) CSV files into PostGIS as points
1.1) ST_TRANSFORM to projected spatial reference (here EPSG:32621 / UTM
zone 21 N WGS84)
2) ST_MAKELINE to "sub"-lines via PARTITION BY
3) Create a gridded polygon layer in same srid
4) Run equivalent to select cell_id, line_id from cells, lines where
intersects(lines.geom, cells.geom
- but my postgis runs out of memory after a while. And I am sorry to say
Spatial Analyst doesn't.
Is there more memory cheap way to do it in PostGIS (e.g. via the raster
functions - although I haven't found i yet).

Karl

Den onsdag den 26. december 2012 09.58.43 UTC-3 skrev Jeff Adams - NOAA
Affiliate: