[postgis-users] Question about SDE on top of Postgres . . .

BladeOfLight16 bladeoflight16 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 26 18:18:35 PDT 2013

On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 11:27 AM, Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul) <
bob.basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us> wrote:

>  Sorry, I guess I should have looked just a little more before posting
> the question . . . .****
>
> ** **
>
> http://support.esri.com/en/knowledgebase/techarticles/detail/40553****

You may want to consider trying 9.1 with PostGIS 2.0 despite what this
documentation states. It says that the problem with 2.0 and older clients
is an incompatibility between PostGIS 2.0 and 1.5 functions, but PostGIS
2.0 provides a legacy.sql. legacy.sql will create the PostGIS 1.5 functions
removed in 2.0. See http://postgis.net/docs/postgis_installation.html for
instructions on using legacy.sql. I realize this is not necessarily
"officially" supported by ESRI, but I suspect it will work anyway. Probably
worth a try.