[postgis-users] Error in displaying PostGIS raster layers on Mac

Marcello Benigno benigno.marcello at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 05:42:51 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I have on my mac (Mavericks OS) Mapserver 6.2.1 and PostGIS 2.1.2 installed
via homebrew and my version of GDAL is 1.10.1_1. Apparently everything
works fine ...

When I try to display a raster layer from PostGIS, got the following message
:

msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named 'srtm'.
msDrawRasterLayerLow(): Unable to access file. Corrupt, empty or missing
file 'PG: dbname=raster_test host=localhost user=gis password=123 port=5432
mode=2 schema=public table=srtm' for layer 'srtm'.

Here is my mapfile layer:

LAYER
    NAME "srtm"
    TYPE RASTER
    STATUS DEFAULT
    DATA "PG: dbname=raster_test host=localhost user=gis password=123
port=5432 mode=2 schema=public table=srtm"
    PROCESSING "NODATA=0"
    PROCESSING "SCALE=AUTO"

    METADATA
      "ows_title" "srtm"
    END # METADATA

    PROJECTION
      "init=epsg:4326"
    END # PROJECTION

  END # LAYER

Could anyone suggest a solution? I think I should reinstall PostGIS and
mapserver, enabling some flags to PostGIS support GDAL (?), but do not know how
to do.

thanks in advance,

PS. Sorry for the first email without title =/
--
*Marcello Benigno B. de Barros Filho*
Prof. do Curso Superior de Tecnologia em Geoprocessamento - IFPB