[postgis-users] PostGIS Raster Performance

David Haynes haynesd2 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 14:35:37 PDT 2014

I would start with something like this...
ST_DumpAsPolygons is an expensive function so it might take a while can you
explain more what you mean by visualize?

SELECT  ST_DumpAsPolygons(ST_Clip(rast,1,geom)) as gval
FROM raster_table r inner join
(select geom from vector_table where gridcode = 18)
poly18  on ST_Intersects(r.rast, poly18.geom)