[postgis-users] hard upgrade of database fails because of tsvector syntax error

Scott Pezanowski scottpez at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 6 18:03:05 PST 2014

Hi,
I am trying to do a hard upgrade of a PostGIS enabled database to PostGIS 2.
I dumped the database in the custom format specified in the PostGIS documentation and am now trying to restore it using the postgis_restore.pl script. I keep running into an error with the same table record that states there is a syntax error in a tsvector column value. Has anyone ever run into anything like this? I think it may have something to do with the characters used in a tsvector column. This is the error:  "ERROR:  syntax error in tsvector"
Here are a couple of my notes.
When I do a straight pg_restore of the dump file into a PostGIS database without using the postgis_restore.pl script, the database restores fine. Is there any chance I could do this and have the latest version of PostGIS 2 work on it as-is? Or could I perhaps load the legacy.sql file and then do this?
Is there any way I could modify the postgis_restore.pl script where it would accomplish what it needs to do with the PostGIS upgrade, but then use the pg_restore command instead of piping the results to psql?
I also have the database dumped as a SQL file. Is there any way I can use this and achieve a solid restore to PostGIS 2?
My server is running CentOS and I am trying to get the data into the latest Postgrsql 9.3 and PostGIS 2 versions from the pgdg repo.
Please let me know if you need any more information. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance,Scott

email: scottpez at hotmail.com