[postgis-users] Removing tiny polygons

Morten Sickel morten at sickel.net
Tue Jan 28 00:01:21 PST 2014

I never used it, but it should be along the lines discussed here:
http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/49650/merge-polygons-in-postgis

if it is just a few, it should be doable to do manually - I don't know if
it is possible to do automatically in SQL

For each poly with area < some_limit{
   find largest neighboring poly
    // or smallest, or whatever were you are sure you'll get a
well-defined answer
   join the two polys
}

Morten