[postgis-users] Point clustering function/algorithms

Miguel-Angel Manso-Callejo (UPM) m.manso at upm.es
Sun Jun 22 05:26:34 PDT 2014

Dear all,

I am interesting on perform spatio/temporal clustering of points
geometries stored in a postgis layer.

I have looked for any posssible solution implemented in postgis and i
have not found any one.
I have seen some discussion and proposal based on building a new
function kmeans for postgresql, but this solution require compile
postgresql.
Other solution that i have tryed is a pgplsql function that compute
convexhull of points that not distance more than X m.

My question is:

Have you any alternative solution or have developed more pgplsql
functions to do perform point clustering in postgis?

Regards,
Miguel A. Manso