[postgis-users] postgis topology performance

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Fri Mar 28 08:39:12 PDT 2014

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 04:11:18PM +0100, Rémi Cura wrote:
> Surely !
>
> I have to outline that grass export to postgis topology is still in beta
> mode.
> Also, I have a feeling the grass export to postgis topology uses the
> postgis topology functions, which kind of defeat the purpose (should bulk
> insert into tables).

Indeed! Start a thread on grass dev list ?
Keep me in CC is you do :)

> I sent a separate message, but GEOS is also promising :
> 5 seconds to load everything, build topology, compute face, output faces,
> impressive!

Yep, I can't find that mail, but I remember having read it.
The only con I can think of about exposing the GEOS geomgraph is
that it'll then need to be maintained stable :)

But can't really tell you if it makes it possible to associate
pre-existing topology primitive identifiers to its own structure
(for updates). It'd be an interesting experiment, but personally
I lack time for it.

--strk;