[postgis-users] ST_MakeLine() woes

georgew gws293 at hotmail.com
Thu May 15 22:59:30 PDT 2014

Remi, I finally got my act together and succeeded in getting your latest code
to work with my data.
The result is very interesting but not what I expected, see below:
New3DLine.png <http://postgis.17.x6.nabble.com/file/n5006314/New3DLine.png>

If I superimpose my original line the result is:
New3DLine_with_OriginalLine.png
<http://postgis.17.x6.nabble.com/file/n5006314/New3DLine_with_OriginalLine.png>

A beautiful 3D rendition of a mountain ridge!
Note that the diagonal lines that make up the "mountain" sides are very,very
long and eventually meet a base at the bottom making up a huge triangle.
I must have done something wrong when adapting your code but don't know
what.