[postgis-users] 'Z' Difference between DEM file & PG DEM layer

dandrigo lcelati at latitude-geosystems.com
Mon May 26 13:17:32 PDT 2014

Dear all,

I imported into my postgis database my DEM thanks to raster2pgsql.

After the import, i loaded  my raw dem file (.asc) and my pg dem raster file
into qgis to make sure that the altimetric values ​​were identical.

Unfortunatly, i noticed a z difference between the 2 data (often 3-5 meters,
sometimes more).

Below, you can read my small file comparing the metadata of the 2 data (on
the left, raw dem file; on the right, postgis dem raster) :

Raster_compare.pdf
<http://postgis.17.x6.nabble.com/file/n5006415/Raster_compare.pdf>

Why this difference? How can I do so that my pg data is really identical to
my raw asc file?

In advance, thank you.

Regards.