[postgis-users] Topology: cannot delete slivers (or gaps)

Guillaume Drolet droletguillaume at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 13:14:31 PST 2014

I finally finished cleaning my topology, using a mix of SQL commands,
functions, and also using Sandro's QGIS topology editor plugin.

In parallel, I also tried going the GRASS route, importing my original
shapefile in GRASS and applying the cleaning function (v.clean ...) as
suggested by Remi. I injected the result into PostGIS and created a
topology. Most of the 23 slivers were there in the topology so one of two
things: 1) GRASS didn't fix them (maybe I didn't choose an appropriate
tolerance) or 2) they were created by PostGIS when building the topology.

Anyway, I got what I finally got what I need, thanks a lot to all of you who
helped me.

I'm gonna ask you one last thing if I may: I want to replace the original
geom column (i.e. that used to build the topogeom) with a topologically
correct one, and keep all the associated ecological attributes. Is this the
right way to do it:

UPDATE syshiera.de_20k SET geom = topogeom::geometry; ?

Thanks.