[postgis-users] Returning polygons if any of a polygon input points lie in the polygons

Joseph Spenner joseph85750 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 17 13:34:58 PST 2014

Hello, I'm trying to perform a query which will return any polygons which have any points in common with an input polygon.
So, if I have Polygon A.In my database, I have several other polygons stored.
I want to submit a query with Polygon A as the input, which will return all of the polygons in my database which have any points in common with Polygon A.
Can this be done?
I found this:http://postgis.net/docs/ST_Overlaps.html

But from what I can tell, it only returns a T or F.   I need to fetch the actual polygons if T.
I'm currently able to query with points as input:
select zone,gid,state,name,ST_Asgeojson( geom ) from polys where ST_Intersects(ST_PointFromText('POINT(-109 42)', 4269), geom);
But now I have a need to use polygons as input.
Any help would be great.
Thanks!
Regards,Joseph Spenner