[postgis-users] NOTICE: no non-null/empty features, unable to compute statistics

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Mon Sep 22 13:51:54 PDT 2014

It means it sampled 30000 rows and didn't find any geometries that
were non-null or non-empty. I suppose it could mean a bug, though that
code's been around for a while.

select count(*) from yourtable where geom is null;
select count(*) from yourtable where st_isempty(geom);
select postgis_full_version();

P.