[postgis-users] [Raster] Finding pixels intersecting an extent (polygon)

Jean Marchal jean.d.marchal at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 14:05:17 PST 2015

Hi list,

I am trying to return all the pixels in a raster that intersect (not just
touch) an extent (say a rectangle). I tried ST_Clip and
ST_Intersection(raster, geom) but they don't return all the pixels that
intersect my extent polygon. Do I have to vectorize the raster first using
ST_PixelAsPolygons or there is a better / more efficient way to proceed?

Ultimately the goal is to fetch the resulting raster in R.

Thanks,

Jean