[postgis-users] How we get raster values

Tom van Tilburg tom.van.tilburg at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 04:56:25 PDT 2015

Hi Ahmet,

It depends on how you would like to have the values returned.
If it's an average (or some other kind of statistics) I think you need a
two step approach:

1) Clip the raster where it intersects with the polygon:
     http://postgis.net/docs/RT_ST_Clip.html

2) Do you stats on the resulting clipped image:
     http://postgis.net/docs/RT_ST_SummaryStats.html

Hope this helps,
     Tom