[postgis-users] Does ST_SimplifyPreserveTopology preserve "contains" property

Igor Stassiy istassiy at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 09:59:28 PDT 2015

Hello,

does any postgis implementation of ST_SimplifyPreserveTopology preserve
"contains" property for polygons and multilines, that is, if I have a
(Multi)Polygon Parent and a (Multi)Linestring/(Multi)Polygon Child s.t.
ST_Contains(Parent, Child) holds, will
ST_Contains(ST_SimplifyPreserveTopology(Parent),
ST_SimplifyPreserveTopology(Child)) also hold?

Here I assume that the threshold for simplifying is the same for both Child
and Parent.

Thank you,
Igor