[postgis-users] Efficient 4D range query

Hermano ... hermano_lustosa at hotmail.com
Tue May 19 16:18:55 PDT 2015

Hello
How one can express a 4D range query in Postgis? I would like to know what 4d points lie within a hypercube. This is my table:    CREATE TABLE myTable
    (
      point geometry,
      attrib double precision,
      CONSTRAINT ge_idx PRIMARY KEY (point)
    );
This is how I inserted the data points:    insert into myTable (point) values (ST_MakePoint(-71.10, 42.31, 12.43, 54.3));

It's trivial to specify a 2D bounding box, but I couldn't find a way to do the same in 4D.