[postgis-users] OSM post import questions

Thomas Endres endres.thomas at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 11:23:04 PST 2015

Hi,
I have a couple post-import questions regarding North America osm data -
hoping someone can help.
Using the following with Postgres 9.4.5 and PostGIS 2.2 on an ubuntu
instance.

osm2pgsql --create --slim --cache 14000 --number-processes 4 --hstore -d
osm --flat-nodes /usr/local/osm/flat_nodes.bin --style
/usr/local/osm/default.style --multi-geometry
/tmp/north-america-latest.osm.pbf

1- I'm trying to add a primary key on a few tables (on the osm_id field)
for use in QGIS.  Problem is the planet_osm_line table for example errors
as the osm_id field contains non-unique values as well as negative
values.(?)
Is the slim mode or flat-nodes causing me problems?

2- Should I have used the -l switch on import for epsg:4326 - I used
nothing and assumed it would default to 900913?

Thanks!
-tom