[postgis-users] PostGIS 2.2.0 RPMs are available for PostgreSQL 9.5

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Thu Oct 15 02:11:21 PDT 2015

Devrim,

Not sure if I am doing something wrong here or something wrong with packaging.  I installed more or less the way I always do on a CENTOS 6.6 box, the PostgreSQL 9.5beta1 via yum.

Install went okay for postgis 2.2, after pulling some dependencies from epel.

However when I went to create my database and install extension
gistest=#
CREATE EXTENSION address_standardizer; --works great
CREATE EXTENSION postgis; --errors
ERROR:  could not load library "/usr/pgsql-9.5/lib/postgis-2.2.so": /usr/pgsql-9.5/lib/postgis-2.2.so: undefined symbol: pj_get_spheroid_defn

So it seems there is a mismatch in the proj version somewhere.  This is a completely new VM.
Looks like the proj I got from epel is 4.7.1, so perhaps you compiled with a newer proj version?

Also I take it you skipped packaging postgis_sfcgal.  Are you planning to have that at final release (and pgRouting -
We are in the middle of writing pgRouting book focused on 2.1 series, so it would be really nice if we could provide simple instructions for people)

Thanks,
Regina
http://www.postgis.us
http://postgis.net