[postgis-users] Substantial different index use between 9.5 and 9.6 using Postgis

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Sat Dec 3 15:19:08 PST 2016

Tracked it down.  It's caused by the cost changes we made in 2.3.  So it affects 9.5 running 2.3 as well.

I've committed one part which would fix your particular problem.

The fix, change the cost on ST_SetSRID from 10 to 1 as follows and that should fix this particular issue.  There are other functions commonly used this way that we have to patch.

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION st_setsrid(

    geometry,

    integer)

  RETURNS geometry AS

'$libdir/postgis-2.3', 'LWGEOM_set_srid'

  LANGUAGE c IMMUTABLE STRICT PARALLEL SAFE

  COST 1;