[postgis-users] Fwd: GEOMfromEWKB missing

Dasaraden MAUREE dasaraden.mauree at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 06:44:02 PST 2016

Subject: GEOMfromEWKB missing

I am quite new to psql and I am trying to carry on a work that has been
started by someone else and I am trying to import an sql dump he made, and
I am having the following errors:

*psql:nameofdatabase.sql:3847: ERROR: could not find function
"LWGEOMFromWKB" in file "/usr/lib/postgresql/9.3/lib/postgis-2.2.so
<http://postgis-2.2.so>" psql:nameofdatabase.sql:3850: ERROR: function
postgis.geomfromewkb(bytea) does not exist*

It seems to me from the \df command that the geomfromewkb() function is
here but is in the public schema. This should not be a problem then for
psql to find it right, since when I do

SHOW search_path;
public,$user,data,tiger

are here.

Once I will be able to import the DB, I want to run a Java script to
extract some info. from there.

One of the errors I get is:

*org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: function
st_contains(postgis.geometry, postgis.geometry) does not exist  Hint: No
function matches the given name and argument types. You might need to add
explicit type casts.*

I don't understand again why I have these errors when these functions seems
to be present in the DB.

Does anyone know about these and can tell me how I can fix this?

Thanks,

Das

--
Dasaraden MAUREE
--

Post-Doctoral Research Fellow
Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne

+41 21 693 55 56

@D_Mauree

[image: https://sites.google.com/site/dasaradenmauree/]
<https://sites.google.com/site/dasaradenmauree/>