[postgis-users] PostGIS raster data restore issue

Kevin Berger Kevin.Berger at silvacom.com
Mon Jul 25 10:05:55 PDT 2016

Hi,

We want to test our PostGIS Version 2.2.2.1/PostgreSQL 9.5.2.1 restore. We have raster data loaded into the database.

The backup command we are using is: pg_dump.exe -c -C (We specify -C as we want the SQL for creating databases to be in the dump file - we want to simplify the restore operation by having the database automatically created as opposed to having to create an empty database then restore the data into it). The dump file is 32 GB so modifying the dump file in Notepad++ is not an option.

The restore command we are using is: psql -U postgres -f <dumpfile>. However, we get several restore errors such as:

ERROR:  function st_bandmetadata(public.raster, integer[]) does not exist

I am thinking that the only thing we can do is to create an empty database then restore the data into it (which as I mentioned adds more steps to restore). Is my rationale correct?

NOTE: the restore does work fine on a database that does not contain raster data.

Kevin