[postgis-users] Error enabling PostGIS extension

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Tue May 17 22:06:46 PDT 2016

You need to upgrade your PostgreSQL 9.2 to higher than 9.2.3 - upgrade to
latest micro for 9.2

The PostgreSQL group changed the api somewhere between 9.2.5 and 9.2.7, I
forget.  So the PostGIS binaries on stackbuilder assume you are running a
newer PostgreSQL 9.2 micro.

It's rare they make such a change in a micro release, but they had to and it
broke a lot of old install packages, forcing packagers to build new ones.

Hope that helps,

Regina