[postgis-users] HDF import to Postgis raster

Tom van Tilburg tom.van.tilburg at gmail.com
Thu May 25 10:56:16 PDT 2017

Brent,

It is generally a better idea to serve your raster from a filesystem
instead of postgis. Postgis only makes sens if you want to query on your
raster data (i.e. give me the number of cells containing water within
distance K of point X), otherwise it only gives needless overhead.

Another option is to look at RASDAMAN (http://www.rasdaman.org/). I haven't
looked at it for a long time but it serves raster data from postgres at
lightning speed. Also, it is closer to HDF storage.

Best,
 Tom