[postgis-users] PostgreSQL VS EDB performance with PostGIS

Nicklas Avén nicklas.aven at jordogskog.no
Thu Sep 21 01:39:53 PDT 2017

Hello
This question is not possible to answer without more information like:
Did you have performance problems with PostGIS under PostgreSQL?Why do
you expect better performance from moving to EDB? What functionality in
EDB did you expect to impact the performance?
What is the query that is slow? There are many functions in PostGIS,
what are you using. Most performance problems with PostGIS is related
to not having indexes where needed, or a query written in a way so
PostGIS cannot gain from indexes.
Regards
Nicklas