[postgis-users] Slow construction of GiST index, but better with smaller # of big rows

Stephen V. Mather svm at clevelandmetroparks.com
Tue Jan 15 13:59:15 PST 2019

In addition to the aforementioned solutions and recommendations (this is a fun thread), if your geometry are points than you could leverage the pointcloud extension which would do a bit of the clustering for you by storing the points in patches.

[http://sig.cmparks.net/cmp-ms-90x122.png]Stephen V. Mather
GIS Manager
(216) 635-3243<tel:(216)%20635-3243> (Work)
--sent from phone--