[postgis-users] raster regions

Pierre Racine Pierre.Racine at sbf.ulaval.ca
Mon Jul 15 10:43:22 PDT 2019

Hi,

That could translate into something like this in PostGIS:

WITH floodareas AS (
  SELECT ST_MapAlgebra(rast, ‘1BB’, ‘CASE WHEN [rast] < 10 THEN 1 ELSE NULL END’) rast
  FROM elevation
)
SELECT d.*
FROM districts d, floodareas f
WHERE ST_Intersects(g.geom, f.rast)

NULL becomes nodata values. You could also use ST_Reclass() instead of ST_Mapalgebra().

Pierre