[postgis-users] Point cloud insert and selective spacial location

Pawel Pocwiardowski pocwiard at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 12:11:19 PDT 2019

Hi

I am complete newbe in postGIS so I appology for stupid question.

Is there a mechanism in PostGIS's insert selective query which will limit
the search to some approximate area instead of searching through all data
in database?

Say, we have large (maybe global)  coverage of some point cloud data but
user is interested is searching and replacing only specific small part of
the  data in specific region and prevent the database from search through
all the data.
Is there a mechanism (or structure of the database tables) which
facilitates that?

Is there any white paper to refer to?

Thanks in advance

Pawel