[postgis-users] 'UpdateGeometrySRID' not using parallel workers / processing?

Marco Boeringa marco at boeringa.demon.nl
Sat Feb 25 05:04:43 PST 2023

Hi,

I have noticed that even on large data sets, it appears the
'UpdateGeometrySRID' command doesn't parallelize the processing. Now I
have no idea if there are any technical limitations that cause or
prevent implementing this, but it would certainly be kind of nice to see
processing being parallelized with huge tables stored with PostGIS
geometries, as it can be a lengthy process.

Marco