[postgis-users] ERROR: extension "postgis" has no update path from version "3.2.1" to version "3.2.0"

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Wed Sep 6 07:56:13 PDT 2023

No.  Well not advisable.  People have run into a lot of issues, primarily around PROJ dependency.

The other reason why you might not want to is because most PostGIS dependency checks are done at runtime.

This isn’t an issue for GDAL so much, but more for GEOS.

So even though UbuntuGIS generally ships with a newer GEOS than main ubuntu repos, just because it says say GEOS 3.11, PostGIS will still only allow you to use functions allowed for the GEOS that apt postgresql org was compiled with.