[OSRS-PROJ] Radius parameters

Gerald I. Evenden gevenden at capecod.net
Mon Oct 2 10:20:54 PDT 2000

Radius parameters such as R_A only apply when using projections in their
spherical form.  R_A is probably the most useful as it give the radius of a
sphere with the same surface area as the ellipsoid selected.  Also, it is
necessary
to select a ellipsoid when using R_A even though the projection is in the
spherical mode.

Snyder often uses a radius in his manual that is the R_A for Clarke 1866.

The other radius parameters have limited usage for sophisticates. ;-)

Jerry Evenden and the Low Riders, Katie and  Daisy May
gevenden at capecod.net  http://www.capecod.net/~gevenden