[Proj] ERROR 6: No translation for Lambert Conformal Conic to PROJ.4 format is known.

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Apr 1 07:12:14 PDT 2009

Hermann Peifer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is this simply yet another unsupported projection, or could something
> else be wrong?
>      PROJECTION["Lambert Conformal Conic"],

Hermann,

What is the source of this WKT?  Oracle?  GeoTools?  The PROJECTION keyword
does not match my expectations nor the specification on which WKT is
based which I believe included an example of LCC.  The keyword should be
Lambert_Conformal_Conic_1SP or Lambert_Conformal_Conic_2SP.

Best regards,