[Proj] quoting +nadgrids ?

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 30 16:21:56 PDT 2010

Greg wrote:
> I wonder why it's necessary to quote if you place things in
> a single argument, unless cs2cs tries to split arguments on
> spaces.

it's not, but it's easier (and harmless) to just quote all terms
instead of searching for ones with special chars in them and
just quoting those.

> >  so no way to quote the +nadgrids pathname for gdalwarp
> > AFAICT.
>
> I don't think this is fixable, absent teaching gdalwarp
> about quoting.
> Using spaces to separate arguments and using spaces in file
> names are just incompatible practices.

I had come to the same conclusions, planned to do a bit more
testing on different platforms, and review the gdalwarp code
before filing it as gdal bug though.

regards,
Hamish