[Proj] load arcSDE raw data from database and convert to lat/long

Vincenzo Ampolo vincenzo.ampolo at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 07:36:03 PST 2011

Hi all,

I'm new to proj.

I just have a set of X, Y coordinates. i dunno what they are or the
format they use. I suppose they are a raw export of arcgis point data
exported via csv from a database. I think that arcsde is used as a
gateway. Coordinates are:

X = 1550428 Y = 2447336 and should be a point closer to lat = 41,8905198
lng = 12,4942486
X = 2159820 Y = 1457635 and should be a point closer to lat = 45,463681
lng = 9,1881714

I need a way to convert them. i tried to decode them as UTM or
cartesians point in meters but it doesn't work.

Does anyone have a suggestion in how to solve this problem?

Thanks.

--
Vincenzo Ampolo
http://vincenzo-ampolo.net